AI2 is looking for an amazing Facilities Coordinator to join our Administrative Operations (AO) team who will be responsible responsible for helping us maintain a clean, healthy, and happy environment.
Why This Role Is Important
AI2 is a diverse and collaborative team. Our AO team helps keep our employees happy and fueled during their day. Our Facilities Coordinator will help with daily operational activities such as cleaning, stocking, ordering and other administrative tasks as needed. This is apart-time role, working 4-6 hours / day with opportunity to expand into a full-time role as AI2 grows.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Facilities Coordinator is a pivotal role to keep our office up & running. You will work directly with the Office Manager and the rest of the AO team to ensure operational excellence.
- Set-up & configure conference rooms for daily meetings as needed
- Coordinate purchasing of food and supply orders
- Stock snacks, kitchen supplies, and office supplies
- Keep the kitchen(s) clean throughout the day
- Manage all catering orders including set-up and tear down of weekly office lunch
- Keep the pantry, conferences rooms and community spaces clean and tidy
- Assist Office Manager with all employee related events
- Administrative duties as needed
What You Bring to AI2
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint and Google Apps
- Ability to lift 50 lbs as needed
- Professional appearance at all times
- Desire to work in an ever-changing office environment
- Friendly demeanor and can-do attitude
- Enthusiasm to work on a small, collaborative team
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team! Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every single day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us;
- We value diversity – we seek people of all genders, ethnicities, ages, and levels of experience. We particularly welcome applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBT communities, and people with disabilities.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures;
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door;
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing!) people who work here. We do!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 206-548-5600.