Facilities Coordinator (Temp)
Facilities Coordinator (Temp)
AI2 is looking for an amazing Facilities Coordinator to help us support an office of 75+ people. Our Facilities Coordinator is responsible for helping us maintain a clean, safe, healthy, and happy environment.
Why This Role Is Important
We aim to be a world-class place to work and this position is important in helping us achieve that mission. You will work closely with the rest of the Administrative Operations team maintaining office needs such as daily cleaning, stocking, and ordering as well as other administrative tasks.
You will be in a key role as we continue to scale our AO team and will require thoughtful communication and consideration with all partners involved.
This is a full-time (temporary) role, working 8 hours / day reporting to the Office Manager. The length of the term is at least 4 months to cover while our teammate is on leave.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist Office Manager with all employee related events
- Configure all conference rooms for daily meetings as needed as well as keep the kitchen(s) and community areas clean throughout the day. (including: loading and unloading dishwashers, cleaning fridges and counters, etc)
- Monitor, order, and organize all office & kitchen supplies as well as maintenance of office equipment
- Manage catering orders including set-up and tear down for 3x weekly office lunch
- Ensure a high-level of customer service to our employees and visitors
- Assist with administrative duties, projects and run errands as needed
What You’ll Come With
- 2+ years of experience in facilities, customer support, maintenance or similar
- A strong initiative to troubleshoot various issues
- Impeccable organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of duties
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint and Google Apps
- Professional appearance, friendly demeanor and can-do attitude at all times
- Experience working in an ever-changing office environment and ability to work a somewhat flexible schedule
- Ability lift 50 lbs as needed
- Ability to move throughout the office (standing, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting) for extended periods of time
Does this sound like you? Reach out!
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team! Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us;
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave;
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures;
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door;
- We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States;
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing!) people who work here. We do!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 206-548-5600.