AI2 is looking for a talented Office Manager to join a collaborative Administrative Operations team aiming to make AI2 a best place to work.
Why This Role is Important
This position includes a number of critical responsibilities to ensure our office environment and employees are well taken care of. The Office Manager role is perfect for someone with extraordinary problem solving skills, a real passion for facilities, and the ability to manage multiple priorities with a positive attitude.
What You Bring to AI2
- Knowledge of facilities management, such as working on space planning, running a front desk, and fostering a positive relationship with our building manager
- Passion to keep the office clean & tidy including two kitchens, conference rooms, shared spaces
- Experience handling a variety of vendors including caterers, office supplies, and event partners
- Deep understanding of accounts payable & maintenance of company credit cards
- Proven track record of event planning, organizing company meetings, and frequent team events.
- Creative and purposeful in developing and executing ideas to build a positive, engaging culture across all teams
- Interest in assisting HR with candidates and new hires
What We’re Looking For :
- Experience in Office Management or Facilities role
- Intermediate experience with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity - no day is just like the last!
- Desire to work in a rapidly changing environment
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door. We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States.
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 206-548-5600.