Payroll, AP, and Contracts Specialist
Payroll, AP & Contracts Specialist
As we grow, we’re looking to add specialists to our Administrative Operations (AO) team. AI2 is looking for a Payroll & Contracts Specialist. This position will have oversight in three major areas of work at AI2 - Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Contract Administration. We are looking to bring payroll in-house at AI2 and are seeking someone who is comfortable handling all aspects of payroll processing.
Why This Role Is Important
AI2 is a diverse and collaborative team. We'll continue to work with Vulcan on key payroll related items, so a desire to collaborate is important. This is a key role as we continue to scale our AO team and will require thoughtful communication and consideration with all partners involved.
You will report directly into the COO.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will compile, analyze, prepare, and input payroll related information into ADP, ensuring accurate and timely processing of new hires, interns, transfers, promotions, terminations, time off, and benefit related payments
- You will help employees with general payroll related questions, leave accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, and other applicable issues and maintains current knowledge of IRS regulations
- You will administer and handle company credit cards & monthly reconciliation
- You will complete and submit expense reports for employees and visitors
- You will act as the Accounts Payable contact to ensure timely payment
- You will ensure all contractual paperwork is gathered, tracked and updated as appropriate
- You will process contract documents & supplier set up requests in Partnership with Vulcan
- You will handle contract documentation to insure compliance
What You’ll Come With
- 3+ years of experience in a payroll capacity, experience working with "ADP Workforce Now" a plus
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping, accounting, and filing procedures
- A deep understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure according to the general standards set forth by HIPPA
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us;
- We value diversity – we seek people of all genders, ethnicities, ages, and levels of experience. We particularly welcome applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBT communities, and people with disabilities.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures;
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door;
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing!) people who work here. We do!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 206-548-5600.