Senior Executive Assistant (temporary contract)
Senior Executive Assistant (temporary contract)
Why this role is important
AI2 is looking for a temporary Senior Executive Assistant to support our CEO, Oren Etzioni, while his permanent EA is on leave. This position is a key role in our company and requires a high degree of responsibility and ownership.
This position is a temporary (contract) position for approximately 3-4 months with the opportunity to extend if needed.
What You’ll be doing
- Heavy and detailed calendar management
- Arrange travel plans and itineraries and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Screen calls, relay messages and respond to inquiries as needed.
- Read mail and correspondence, highlight actionable items and respond when appropriate.
- Arrange programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities, caterers, and invitations. Coordinate speakers, and control event budgets.
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Edit and/or create PowerPoint presentations in support of CEO needs
- Assist in office maintenance and other project responsibilities, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
What You Bring to AI2
- Proven track record in an executive support role
- Ability to consistently and reliably be in the office during core business hours.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to make independent decisions and to juggle multiple projects at once, in addition to dealing with ambiguity.
- Must be available to answer email and/or phone calls during core and non-core hours.
- Must be assertive, have a high level of integrity, and consistently demonstrate a positive “can-do” attitude with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism
- Eager and able to work effectively under pressure with short time constraints and in relatively ambiguous and complex situations, as well as the ability to adjust direction in response to changing work situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to build rapport with partners, internal/external contacts and co-workers.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and exceptional judgment.
- Proven ability to adjust direction in response to changing situations.
- Must have a focused attention to detail that can accommodate different working styles and prioritize their own work and tasks.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Google Suite and Dropbox
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution and experience or training as a high-level Executive Assistant.
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door. We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States.
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 206-548-5600.