Sr. Software Engineer, Kubernetes
Sr. Software Engineer, Kubernetes
Do you enjoy transforming how a company deploys their software by rolling out cloud orchestration? If so, then we have an opportunity for you. AI2, an artificial intelligence research institute in Seattle, is looking for senior engineers with Kubernetes experience to modernize our cloud infrastructure. Currently our team is building a company-wide Kubernetes cluster which we will use to deploy everything from user-facing websites to GPU-intensive deep learning jobs. If you joined AI2, you would help lead this project and other high-impact projects to success.
At AI2, you’d be working not just with talented software engineers but also with world-class AI researchers. We have projects on understanding and answering real-world questions, learning from pictures and videos, and building the world’s best academic search engine. As an engineer on the infrastructure team, you would have the chance to learn about and collaborate on all of these projects.
We have a beautiful office right on Lake Union in Seattle; catered lunches three times a week; great pay and benefits; smart, friendly and helpful co-workers; and even a couple of kayaks you can take out on sunny days.
What you’ll do
- Roll out Kubernetes as the solution to deploying all applications in the cloud.
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of AI2.
- Work with engineers and researchers to identify new opportunities for high impact infrastructure investments.
- Stay on top of emerging technology and best practices in DevOps.
- Support key infrastructure offerings.
- Educate about our offerings, and onboard new users onto our systems.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or other cloud orchestration software).
- Prior software development experience improving infrastructure in an industry setting.
- Expertise in a mainstream programming language (Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Success developing software collaboratively on a team.
- Strong communication skills and an interest in working with other teams.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal ongoing education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us.
- We value diversity – we seek people of all genders, ethnicities, ages, and levels of experience. We particularly welcome applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBT communities, and people with disabilities.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization. We are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures;
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door;
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing) people who work here. We do!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 206-548-5600.