Software Engineer • AI2 Israel
AI2 Israel is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our office in Tel-Aviv, Sarona
AI2 Israel is the Israeli branch of the Allen Institute for AI, a non-profit research institute founded by Paul Allen with the mission to contribute to humanity through high-impact research and engineering in artificial intelligence. The Israeli branch focuses on language understanding technologies. As a non-profit organization, our goals are not to maximize revenue but rather to do good in the world. All of our work is aimed to be released freely to the public.
As part of our team you will be building software infrastructure to facilitate state of the art research in natural language processing and information extraction. You will design and develop backend services, build UI components and contribute to software that is being used by researchers around the world. You will interact closely with academic researchers working on state-of-the-art language understanding technologies.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on developer that thrives in a fast-paced environment, is self-directed, a team player, knows how to get things done while still delivering flexible and maintainable code, and is not afraid to take on big challenges and dabble with both UI and algorithmic code. If you have a passion for driving quality, improving customer experience and designing maintainable and robust systems, we'd love to talk to you!
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrates exceptional programming skills and a sense of ownership.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience working in an industry setting, at least 2 years focusing on front end development.
- Experience with backend development, implementing systems from the ground up.
- Good knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, experience with component libraries like Material-UI and Bootstrap, good eye for details.
- Experience working with ReactJS, Typescript and the associated build tooling.
- An understanding of web performance best practices.
- Background in server-side algorithmic coding is an advantage.
- Background in data visualization coding is an advantage.
- Background in language studies or natural language processing is an advantage.
- Background in machine learning is an advantage.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and statement of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org