Allen AI Startup: WellSaid Labs - Senior Full Stack Engineer
Are you excited to build a delightful and surprising user experience?
Do you thrive as the lead product developer?
Are you passionate about enforcing great engineering practices?
If your answer is "yes" to all three of these, keep reading!
We have developed a breakthrough AI algorithm that is able to synthesize speech from text that sounds indistinguishable from a real person. You will develop the product through which creatives and makers use this breakthrough technology to create videos, audiobooks, and video games. You’ll also be responsible for scaling the product team from the ground up.
Who are we:
Our team is a spin-out from Paul Allen's AI Institute (Allen AI), where we developed a breakthrough deep learning model that is able to read the text in a completely human-like voice. Furthermore, our approach works on commodity hardware – such as a phone.
Our text-to-speech editor is used by hundreds of creatives.
Today hundreds of creatives are using our voice editor to create voice-overs for training videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and radio. In the future, we foresee our product further satisfying voice-over needs in the e-learning, movie production, video games, assistive devices, and call center space.
We recently secured a couple of million dollars in funding from top-tier VCs and are now looking to hire our founding 6 - 8 person team.
Your Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Vacation policy/paid time off
- Healthy lunch and snacks
- Standing Desks
- Waterfront views
- Remote work opportunities
Projects You’ll Work On:
- You’ll work alongside a senior designer and senior marketer to flesh out the product requirements.
- You’ll lead our development workflow from sprints to deployment.
- You’ll lead product integration for our enterprise customers.
- You’ll write modular, secure, and well-tested full-stack code.
Experience You Have:
- Experience working with our stack – including CSS, React, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with integrating services like Stripe and Auth0.
- Experience managing software complexity, architecture, testing, and analysis.
- (Bonus) Understanding the process of designing, launching and running a new business.