Content Moderator & Customer Support Specialist
Content Moderator & Customer Support Specialist (Contractor)
Who You Are:
The Allen Institute of Artificial Intelligence (AI2) is looking for a talented Content Moderator & Customer Support Specialist on a part-time contract basis (up to 30 hours/week) to work alongside our customer support team to support the growth and evolution of our academic search engine; Semantic Scholar.
Your Next Challenge:
Since its launch in November 2015, Semantic Scholar has indexed and learned from over 175 million research papers in thousands of journals and conferences. As a Content Moderator and Customer Support Specialist for Semantic Scholar, you will help us resolve support issues and moderate our content including user suggestions. We are passionate about customer support and want to make sure we are providing a pleasant, professional, and above all human experience for people who have questions or concerns about our site. In this role you will not only help our users be successful, but you will also get a chance to work alongside a team of researchers and engineers who are working to create cutting-edge AI to advance academic search and discovery.
- Use tools to moderate and fix data quality issues with content on our site including author profiles, paper metadata and supplemental content.
- Assist our customer support team with customer support emails on an as-needed basis.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in a customer-facing role and strong written communication skills.
- Experience with technology like basic command line interfaces and Google Docs.
- Detail-oriented and passionate about helping users be successful.
- Organized and an efficient self-starter.
- BA in Communications or a related field (academic research experience a plus) or actively enrolled in a continuing education degree program.
- Available to work up to 30 hours/week as needed on a flexible schedule.
Who We Are:
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door. We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States.
- We are friendly– chances are you will like every one of the 100+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 206-548-5600.