(Incubator) ClusterOne: VP Applied AI
VP Applied AI
We're looking for a passionate hands-on VP of Applied AI based out of the Bay Area, CA or Seattle, WA office for driving our AI R&D and solutions activities. As a leader, you must have a proven ability to lead multi-site and multi-project research and solutions teams.
Clusterone serves large enterprise customers, our solutions enable customers to apply state of the art AI techniques in Deep Learning to the pressing business problems and our product is relied upon by researchers to build the next AI breakthroughs for a wide range of industries. Our products solve various aspects of managing the training and deploying large-scale Machine Learning models, requiring the handling of thousands of servers, petabytes of data on various clouds, and data centers securely and efficiently.
We’re looking for an exceptional VP of Applied AI who will drive our solutions organization to serve various enterprise customers as well as cutting-edge internal research on systems ML. You will work directly with our executives, and build our solutions organization. This role requires working with all branches of the organization, our product team, sales and marketing, engineering, and finance. Please take a look at the responsibilities. If this role speaks to you, get in touch.
We are proud of our culture as a globally distributed team who is committed to creating excellent product and processes. We hope that you will consider joining us and in helping us grow. Please read the responsibilities as listed below:
- Lead and grow our Applied AI Solutions team with the charter of building AI solutions for customers and developing cutting-edge systems ML research
- Build the internal knowledge base and resources around state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and tools
- Manage and grow a multi-site, multi-project AI teams
- Must have proven experience leading small teams and growing them in a startup environment
- Must have proven experience managing projects and solutions and delivering to enterprise clients
- Must have proven experience successfully communicating in cross-functional, diverse and fast moving environments within the tech industry
- Lead projects in a dynamic environment, with experience in being hyper-agile with the commitment to provide the best response to our customer’s feedback
- Computer Science Masters or PhD Degree (PhD preferred), relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
- Very strong understanding machine learning and data problems, with extensive knowledge of NLP and/or Vision.
- Experience building machine learning products
- Experience in driving enterprise solutions
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple business priorities while still holding quality paramount
- 10+ years professional machine learning experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
Here’s What You Need
- Passion to contribute to a truly exceptional customer experience, no matter your job title
- Understanding that innovation and creativity is a part of what we do every day
- Agility and action orientation – we move at the speed of tech
- Understanding of the privilege and obligation of being part of a team
Here’s What We’ll Provide
- Opportunity to work on some of the most challenging problems of our time
- Opportunity to work with an exceptional team from around the world
- A fun, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Formal and informal opportunities and support for ongoing learning, growth, and development
- Extremely generous equity, competitive salary and bonus and full medical, vision and dental coverage