(Incubator) Stealth Startup: Deep Learning Engineer
Are you interested in delivering a deep learning product to an early list of excited customers?
Do you want to help develop and deploy state-of-the-art deep learning models?
If so, then we’d love to talk to you. Our team has used the latest breakthroughs in deep learning to create a text-to-speech product that sounds truly humanlike. We’ve invented new neural architectures to recreate human speech and we are looking for you to help us systematize this state-of-the-art product to fulfill the needs of an early list of customers.
You’ll be responsible for productionizing deep learning models, from data ingestion to model optimization through model deployment. You’ll implement and enforce great engineering practices while also having the opportunity to experiment and help write the playbook on how to deploy and scale entirely new technology. You’ll get to work with PyTorch and prototype ideas quickly.
Given how new this technology is and how quickly startups and markets can evolve, you will benefit from being curious, flexible, and motivated to figure out hard stuff.
You’ll work with a small, passionate team that includes a deep learning researcher, a product designer of 15 years, and a startup founder with a successful exit. Additionally, you’ll have access to more than 80 AI experts, including PhDs, researchers, and engineers, at one of the world’s leading artificial intelligence research labs.
We have an office right on Lake Union with catered lunches three times a week; smart, friendly and helpful co-workers; access to private talks and mentorship opportunities; and even a couple of kayaks you can take out on sunny days. We also believe in the importance of family and a healthy life at home. We’re flexible in giving you the time and space you need to maintain a healthy balance in your life and relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Write low-level optimized CUDA kernels to run our models efficiently on top of a distributed infrastructure
- Build a distributed backend with many GPUs allowing us to reasonably scale our product to hundreds, then thousands, of concurrent users
- Build out high quality datasets to help scale and refine our text-to-speech services
- Refine our model training process, ensuring model reliability
- Manage a growing team of backend engineers and deep learning engineers
- Contribute back to the community through papers and open source code
- Python and C / C++ experience
- Familiarity with PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Experience deploying models via GCP or AWS
Finally, we’d love to show you a demo if you swing by the office.
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
f you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 206-548-5600.