Product Marketing Manager, Semantic Scholar
Semantic Scholar, a ground-breaking AI-powered search engine for science based at the Allen Institute of Artificial Intelligence, (AI2) is looking for a talented Product Marketing Manager to lead our next stage of growth. As a non-profit research institute with a mission to develop AI for the common good, our goal is to help scientists everywhere improve the impact of their research through our free, AI-powered discovery tool.
Since our launch in November 2015, we have indexed and learned from more than 50 million research papers in thousands of academic journals and conferences, amassing a growing base of millions of scholars in over 100 countries. Our work has been featured in Wired, Nature, Science, and many other publications.
To drive our next stage of growth, you will work with some of the world's most prominent AI researchers and engineers to bring Semantic Scholar to more of the world's scientists and bring to market new features that leverage our cutting edge AI research. You will define messaging, product positioning, content, and go-to-market plans for an ambitious roadmap of cutting edge products. If your ambition is work at the cutting edge of product and technology while also doing good, Semantic Scholar may be the perfect opportunity.
- Become an expert on Semantic Scholar and develop product positioning for key user segments and use cases
- Drive user acquisition and retention efforts
- Own go-to-market plan for new feature releases
- Manage SEM program and SEO roadmap, and work with engineering to implement
- Develop "Voice of the Scholar" program to highlight key delighters and friction points in the S2 experience, run ongoing series of focus groups, polls and surveys to inform product roadmap and user acquisition activities
- Partner with product and program management leaders to develop messaging to showcase the strengths of Semantic Scholar
- Manage S2 content marketing and social presence, including blog, email campaigns, social media, events, webinars, and thought-leadership content
- Work with program management to drive partner marketing with academic publishers and linking institutions
- 5+ years in product/product marketing for a high-growth consumer internet or ecommerce company
- Record of outstanding professional impact
- Familiarity with scientific publishing (either through work or education) a plus
- Outstanding ability to translate ideas and complex concepts into simple, intuitive messages
- Sharp, analytical, and willing to question the status quo
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a dynamic, confident personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and wear multiple hats
- Creative and strategic thinker
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team! Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us;
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave;
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures;
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door;
- We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States;
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing!) people who work here. We do!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 206-548-5600.