Sr. Recruiting Coordinator
The Sr. Recruiting Coordinator (RC) is a key contributor on the HR Team at AI2. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the RC will have key responsibilities in the areas of full-cycle recruiting, benefits, compliance, reporting, HRIS, and program administration. The RC will work independently on or assists with various special projects across HR disciplines.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Very heavy calendaring (scheduling phone and onsite interviews)
- Consult with Hiring Managers to assess recruiting needs, understand job requirements, develop job descriptions for each position, and refine recruitment process as-needed; Manage and maintain all job postings.
- Enter new requisitions into the ATS system and track approval chain completion; Confirm starts and closing of requisitions.
- Conduct effective searches related to current open requisitions and conduct preliminary screenings and interviews for all positions; Engage, contact, and manage candidate experience throughout recruitment process.
- Coordinate all logistics and communicate interview details to candidate, making certain they have all the information necessary (detailed directions, dress code, interview logistics, etc.); Schedule and coordinate interviews with hiring team.
- Schedule pre and post interview debrief for the interview team and HR as needed.
- Process all pre-employment background checks, as well as all new hire paperwork, to ensure that all new hires are properly set up with payroll, and benefits.
- Act as a point of contact for the candidate on the day of interview (breaks, lunch, meeting space).
- Assist with and prepare changes in employment status, terminations, time-off requests, documentation and compliance, etc.
- Work closely with the HR team to develop and implement programs, ensuring compliance with legal and operational HR best practices. Ensure that these programs and associated processes are aligned with the corporate culture, operating model, and corporate HR strategies.
- Hands-on with daily HR related tasks such as employee on-boarding, candidate contact, change in employee status, risk management, visa-related immigration issues, and other HR related matters.
- Partner with HR team to identify client needs as it relates to HR and the overall employee experience.
- Work with internal teams to ensure all aspects of the employee experience (i.e. Benefits, trainings, payroll) are met.
- Assist with other HR projects as needed.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in coordination/administrative work with strong calendaring skills.
- At least 2+ years of recruiting coordinator experience, preferably with an emphasis on recruiting talent in Software Engineering, Operations, and other technology related positions.
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative, and the ability to exercise and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong follow through and customer service orientation, with high work standards and attention to detail; Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workload based on business needs.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs; Good familiarity with ATS systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door. We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States.
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.