Technical Account Manager (Strategic Partnerships), Semantic Scholar
The Allen Institute of Artificial Intelligence (AI2) is looking for a talented Sr. Technical Account Manager to build strategic data and content partnerships to accelerate the growth and impact of our academic search and discovery engine, Semantic Scholar. Since its launch in November 2015, Semantic Scholar has indexed and learned from over 50 million research papers in thousands of journals and conferences. We are now actively expanding the scale and scope of the content available on Semantic Scholar to comprehensively cover all fields of scientific research. You will play a key role in this expansion effort by defining our partnership strategy and expanding our partnership program to integrate full-text academic documents and associated supplemental content (videos, slide decks, code libraries, etc.).
In addition to managing our partnership program you will also own defining and managing a technical roadmap to create supporting infrastructure that delivers incremental value for our partners and Semantic Scholar. This includes driving Semantic Scholar’s API and open data strategy to create a scientific data ecosystem for our partners and for scientific research purposes. Additionally you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to leverage our partnerships to influence public research policy which includes defining strategic opportunities to increase our impact.
- Develop, define and own publisher and data partnership strategy for Semantic Scholar to scale out our partnership program by identifying leads, negotiating agreements and onboarding new data and content partners.
- Drive coverage of full-text academic documents and associated supplemental content in Semantic Scholar through one-on-one relationships with top academic publishers and content providers to support our domain expansion programs.
- Develop a one-to-many acquisition program for the long tail of academic publishers.
- Actively manage and maintain existing strategic partnerships by tracking contractual compliance, regular partner check-ins and generating analytics reports for partners.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering to align partnership and product efforts.
- Define our external data sharing strategy and manage the associated technical roadmap.
- Proven capability delivering transformational programs at scale.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to tailor presentations to different audiences and deliver executive briefings to strategic partners.
- Organized, detail-oriented and focused on driving impact.
- Strong analytical skills including experience troubleshooting operational issues and working knowledge of analytics tools and SQL to produce reports.
- 3+ years of experience working with full stack engineering systems, system integrations and APIs.
- 5+ years of experience in program or product management (focus on B2B relationships a plus).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree of Science or related degree.
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team! Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us;
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave;
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures;
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door;
- We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States;
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing!) people who work here. We do!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 206-548-5600.