WellSaid Labs Deep Learning Engineer - AI2 Incubator
Are you passionate about Deep Learning? 🔬
Do you want to develop life-like speech synthesis algorithms for next-generation experiences?
Are you energized by hard problems?
If three things are exciting to you, read on!
We are searching for engineers with a passion for building creative tools 🎨 for sound generation based entirely in deep generative model research. Come join us!
You will study and develop new deep learning models that improve on state-of-the-art text-to-speech research. You’ll also develop an approach to control speech synthesis – such as varying speed and speaking style. Finally, you’ll help write the playbook on how to deploy and scale entirely new technology.
Who are we:
Our team is a spin-out from Paul Allen's AI Institute (AI2), where we developed a breakthrough deep learning model that is able to read the text in a completely human-like voice. Furthermore, our approach works on commodity hardware – such as a phone.
Our text-to-speech editor is used by hundreds of creatives.
Today hundreds of creatives are using our voice editor to create voice-overs for training videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and radio. In the future, we foresee our product further satisfying the voice-over needs in the e-learning, movie production, video games, assistive devices, and call center space.
We recently secured a couple of million dollars in funding from top-tier VCs and are now looking to hire our founding 6 - 8 person team.
Your perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Comprehensive health care plan
- Vacation policy/paid time off
- Healthy lunch and snacks
- Standing Desks
- Remote work opportunities
- Continuing Education
Projects you’ll do:
- You’ll build tools for dataset creation and quality assurance, enabling scalable synthetic voice creation.
- You’ll build a cloud backend allowing us to reasonably scale deep learning inference to hundreds of concurrent users.
- You’ll automate crowdsourcing studies for evaluating model quality.
- You’ll implement and study novel deep learning algorithms for language understanding and audio generation.
Experience you have:
- Working in Python
- Familiarity with PyTorch and/or Tensorflow
- Using Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services
- (Bonus) Understanding the process of designing, launching and running a new business