Allen AI Young Investigator Program
Duration: 1-3 years
Start date: Flexible (rolling application with no deadline)
Candidates: Are within one year of completing their PhD, or already have a PhD
The Allen AI Young Investigator program is a postdoctoral program offering unique benefits. The program will enable you to balance working collaboratively on an AI2 project while pursuing an independent research agenda.
- Dedicated AI2 mentor: Mentorship in research, grant writing, and more
- 50% collaborative work on an AI2 project
- 50% work on your own projects
- Generous travel budget
- AI2 provides support for obtaining a visa through its immigration attorney, and pays the necessary expenses
- Access to AI2’s data, AWS infrastructure, and other resources as needed
- No grant writing, teaching, or administrative responsibilities
- $100K research funding from AI2 after completion (based on proposal)
See our current Young Investigators on our Team Page!
Highlighted AI2 Alumni
Mohit Iyyer completed his PhD at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is currently an assistant professor in computer science at UMass Amherst His research interests lie broadly in natural language processing and machine learning. His publications with AI2 include Deep Contextualized Word Representations (NAACL 2018) and QuAC: Question Answering in Context (EMNLP 2018).