Terms and Conditions of Use
Effective: August 24, 2018
WELCOME TO THE AI2 WEBSITES. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY.
ELIGIBILITY Use of the Sites is void where prohibited. By using the Sites and their features, You represent and warrant that:
- You are 18 years or older;
- You are a human. You must be a human.
- All information you submit to AI2 through the Sites is truthful and accurate;
- You will maintain the accuracy of such information;
- Your use of the Sites does not violate any applicable law or regulation;
- You will maintain the security of your account and password. AI2 cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation; and
- You are responsible for all User Content (defined below) posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when User Content is posted by others who have accounts under your account).
IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS THE SITES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
REGISTRATION DATA AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
- If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and you agree not to provide any other person with access to the Sites or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS You acknowledge and agree that AI2 (or AI2’s licensors) owns all legal right, title and interest in and to the Sites. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, systems, methods, information, computer code, software, services, “look and feel”, organization, compilation of the content, code, data, and all other elements of the Sites (collectively, the “AI2 Materials”) are protected by United States copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. Except for any User Content owned and/or posted by you or other users, all AI2 Materials are the copyrighted property of AI2 or its licensors. Furthermore, all trademarks, service marks, and trade names contained in the AI2 Materials and otherwise displayed on the Sites (“Marks”) are the property of AI2 or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of AI2 or such third party. Except as expressly set forth herein, your use of the Sites does not grant to you ownership of or any other rights with respect to any content, code, data, user comments or other materials that you may access on or through the Sites. AI2 reserves all rights to the AI2 Materials.
- Any User Content you post to the Sites publicly will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- By displaying, publishing or making User Content publicly available for download or use by others, you give AI2 a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, sublicense, make derivative works of, and distribute User Content which you submit, post or display on or through the Site or in connection with any Service. You agree that this license includes a right for AI2 to make User Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom AI2 has relationships for the provision of services (“Authorized Third Parties”), and to use and have AI2 Authorized Third Parties use, the User Content in connection with the provision of those services. You understand that AI2 or Authorized Third Parties may (i) transmit or distribute User Content over various public networks and in various media; and (ii) make such changes to User Content as are necessary to conform and adapt User Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. Further, you understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including User Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. You agree that this license shall permit AI2 and Authorized Third Parties to take these actions.
- By displaying, publishing or making User Content available to AI2 other than as provided above, you give AI2 a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, and distribute User Content solely for the purpose of providing the Services and operating the Sites. You agree that this license includes a right for AI2 to make User Content available to Authorized Third Parties solely for the purpose of providing the Services and operating the Sites.
CONTENT STANDARDS/RESTRICTIONS: These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use by You of the Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. In addition, without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- contain any viruses, corrupted data, malicious code or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files designed or intended to, or that could reasonably be expected to (i) damage any computer system, hardware, firmware, network; or (ii) steal or exfiltrate valuable data.
- be unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- infringe or violate any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any other person;
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- contain unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- contain private or personally identifiable information not otherwise in the public domain (other than to private repositories or as otherwise covered by a separate agreement between You and AI2);
- contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising;
- give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by AI2 or any other person or entity, if this is not the case;
- in the sole judgment of AI2, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Sites, or which may expose AI2 or its users to any harm or liability of any type
MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT; TERMINATION We have the right to:
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Sites;
LINKS FROM THE SITES. The Sites contain (or you may be sent through the Sites to) links to other websites (“Third Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties in a variety of media, including without limitation, sharable software files that contain executable code posted on the Site by other users (the “Third Party Content”). These Third Party Sites are provided for your convenience only. AI2 has no control over the Third Party Content or the Third Party Sites and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the Third Party Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Third Party Sites.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS/DMCA. We take claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Sites infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Sites by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below). In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA“), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice“) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Sites, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material;
- Adequate information by which we can contact you, including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
Attn: Legal Department, DMCA Notices
2157 North Northlake Way
Seattle, WA 98103
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Sites is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorney’s’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA. For clarity, only DMCA Notices should go to the AI2 Designated Copyright Agent.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate AI2, an AI2 employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing);
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Sites, or which, as determined by us, may harm AI2 or users of the Sites or expose them to liability.
- Post or transmit through the Sites any material or content that violates or infringes in any way the rights of others or solicits, encourages or promotes the use of illegal substances or activities, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, derogatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, bigoted or hateful, profane, scandalous, pornographic, indecent or otherwise objectionable, gives rise to civil or criminal liability or otherwise violates any applicable law;
- Use the Sites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Sites, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Sites;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Sites or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Sites;
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Sites, the server on which the Sites is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Sites;
- Attack the Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites.
Further, while search engines that obey our robots.txt may crawl and index our Sites, we prohibit the use of other robots, spiders, or other automatic devices from copying or scraping the material and serving it publicly. If you’re unsure whether your use is acceptable please contact us.
Your use of the Sites and Service is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations, and you agree not to violate such laws and regulations. you may not use the Sites or Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. you must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright or trademark laws). Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage the Sites or Service is a violation of criminal and civil laws. AI2 reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- THE SITES AND ALL CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL (COLLECTIVELY “MATERIAL”) AVAILABLE AT THE SITES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS FROM AI2 AND ITS AFFILIATES AND CONTENT PROVIDERS. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY MATERIAL.
- EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY WARRANTED IN A LICENSE AGREEMENT OR OTHER AGREEMENT, AI2 MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THE MATERIAL OR SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE SITES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, AI2 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND/OR NONINFRINGMENT. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK OF SELECTION AND USE OF THE MATERIAL OR SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AI2 MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE MATERIAL OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (ii) THE MATERIAL OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, COMPLETE OR ERROR-FREE, OR (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. SOFTWARE IS WARRANTED, IF AT ALL, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THE LICENSE AGREEMENT. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT, AI2 DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- WHILE AI2 ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITES SAFE, AI2 CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITES OR OUR SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY- RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD.
- AI2 takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is AI2 liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. Your use of the Sites is at your own risk. As a provider of interactive services, AI2 is not liable for any statements, representations or User Content or Third Party Content provided by its users on the Site.
- Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Sites. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
EXPORT CONTROL. By using the Sites, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country to which the United States has embargoed goods. You agree you will not export or re-export any goods or products unless you have complied with all applicable U.S. and foreign government export controls and approvals. AI2 makes no claim that content contained on the Sites is appropriate or may be downloaded outside the United States. If you access the Sites from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your country’s jurisdiction.
TERMINATION. AI2 reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Sites, and to block or prevent future your access to and use of the Sites.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION. Questions or comments about the Sites may be directed to AI2 at the email address email@example.com