VideosSee AI2's full collection of videos on our YouTube channel.
Viewing 11-20 of 171 videos
- April 16, 2021 | Malcolm A. MacIverCurrent evidence for the ability of some animals to plan—imagining some future set of possibilities and picking the one assessed to have the highest value—is restricted to birds and mammals. Nonetheless, all animals have had just as long to evolve what seems to be a useful capacity. In this talk, I review some… more
IFFC Invited Talk: Accelerating Scientific Exploration by Mining and Visualizing COVID-19 LiteratureFebruary 15, 2021 | Tom HopeThe IFCC Virtual Conference on Critical Role of Clinical Laboratories in the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- January 7, 2021 | Peter ClarkBeginning with McCarthy's Advice Taker (1959), AI has pursued the goal of providing a system with explicit, general knowledge and having the system reason over that knowledge. However, expressing the knowledge in a formal (logical or probabilistic) representation has been a major obstacle to this research. This… more
- October 28, 2020 | Daniel KhashabiA study cost-efficiency of local perturbations for model training.
- October 13, 2020 | DeepLearning.AIHeroes of NLP is a video interview series featuring Andrew Ng, the founder of DeepLearning.AI, in conversation with thought leaders in NLP. Watch Andrew lead an enlightening discourse around how these industry and academic experts started in AI, their previous and current research projects, how their… more
- October 1, 2020 | Stanford HAIIn this latest Directors’ Conversation, HAI Denning Family Co-director John Etchemendy’s guest is Oren Etzioni, Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence CEO, company founder, and professor of computer science. Here the two discuss language prediction model GPT-3, a better approach to an AI Turing test, and the… more
- July 13, 2020 | Daniel KhashabiA survey of hypotheses assessing tools in NLP and their comparison. Further details can be found in the paper 'Not All Claims are Created Equal: Choosing the Right Approach to Assess Your Hypotheses'. https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Not-All-Claims-are-Created-Equal%3A-Choosing-the-to-Azer-Khashabi… more
- July 6, 2020 | Micah SchlainMicah Sclain discusses the work on syntactic search happening at AI2 Israel. Check out our system: https://allenai.github.io/spike/
- June 18, 2020 | John WietingRepresentation learning has had a tremendous impact in machine learning and natural language processing (NLP), especially in recent years. Learned representations provide useful features needed for downstream tasks, allowing models to incorporate knowledge from billions of tokens of text. The result is better… more
- April 30, 2020 | Forough ArabshahiHumans possess impressive problem solving and reasoning capabilities, be it mathematical, logical or commonsense reasoning. Computer scientists have long had the dream of building machines with similar reasoning and problem solving abilities as humans. Currently, there are three main challenges in realizing this… more